Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Between the showers

©2019 Barry Smith - One of G's beauties after rain
The heat and dry of the last few weeks has been replaced by rain showers and cooler weather. Our rain has been gentle - not like the flooding torrents in the north of the state. But it has been unusual in that there is not so much as lengthy periods of rain; rather we are getting quite a lot of short showers. When heading out for my walk this morning I was not sure if I would get drenched. Surprisingly there was a shower before I walked and then it rain again after I got home.

Today's images are about the blossoms after rain and between the showers; and a few of Graham's orchids between showers.









©2019 Barry Smith - Bud with droplets






I do love how fresh everything looks.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Barry,glad you had gentle rain. We had 1mm! Before that no rain since 19th December, I am rather afraid most of my orchids got cooked in the 47 plus degree day we had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi P - the heat has really knocked things about this year - it is not usual. Sad to hear your orchids get cooked. The crucifix orchids manage to stand up to the heat a little better. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.