Friday, June 19, 2020

Odd source of inspiration

©2020 Barry Smith - Wonder with gold dust
Creative inspiration can come from the oddest directions. When we were moving the letterpress studio Fiona and I found a sheet of 100 sticky backed magnets that we must have bought with something in mind though we could not remember what. I suggested fridge magnets; but again what?

©2020 Barry Smith - Magnet rectangles
This then led me to think that I would do a series of business card sized inspirational cards that could go in one's purse-wallet or on the fridge (with magnet). But like all projects there was preparation to be done. I decided to print the seven words I use in my Daily Leaf Word sets (joy, love, peace, shine, wonder, hope and dream); so I needed to cut about 120 business card sized pieces of 300gsm paper.

©2020 Barry Smith - Paper on the guillotine
©2020 Barry Smith - Seven stacks ready for printing
I also decided to use purple and give the words a lift with a bit of gold dusting powder.

©2020 Barry Smith - Mixing a gorgeous purple
©2020 Barry Smith - Dusting
Photos of the first three in the series.

©2020 Barry Smith - Wonder in the press
©2020 Barry Smith - Three sets of words have been printed and dusted
I will get the rest done over the weekend.

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.