Sunday, May 2, 2021

Starting and finishing

 


Another of those weekends where Fiona and I were jumping between the studio, workshop and community activities.

Today I managed to start the three post installation I have been commissioned to do. Getting the timber in out of the rain, dried and cut to length means next week I can start working into and on the posts. All the lengths were cut using a hand saw. The timber is about 180mm-200mm square hardwood.



I also managed to print the last poster in my series of 9 patriarchy posters.  Fittingly I finished with the wording " patriarchy passed it's use-by date"  - it certainly has - though a lot of men are very unlikely to recognise that. I did the last poster in black to balance the total red one I did regarding  breeds bullies. Below are the 9 A3 landscape posters laid out on the studio tables - not necessarily in the final sequence.



I will also select - with Fiona's assistance - five sets; and then will label them and pack them as 5 numbered limited editions of 9 posters.

Two Domestic Posters (aka tea towels) were also printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.