Sunday, August 15, 2021

Pocket posters and playing with ampersands

 

One outcome from cutting up the roll of paper was 200 plus business card sized pieces of 270gsm paper. Yesterday I decided to create some 'nano' or 'pocket posters' - aka business card sized 'posters' in portrait format. 

Of course when you have a gorgeous purple ink and vintage wood ampersand locked up in the chase one is tempted to play with a few left over cards once I had printed the 200 i aimed for - see photo above.

Striking purple ink mixed ready for action - some dry lumps in the ink I needed to work around

On the press.

This is what 200 ampersand printed cards looks like.

Today I decided to turn 100 of the ampersand cards into pocket posters - "you can & you will". I quite like the green I mixed. Looks delightful on the press and on the prints.



And this is what 100 'pocket posters' looks like.

Because I still had ink on the press I chose to put a different wood ampersand into the chase and print some mono coloured pocket posters on black card offcuts - I like the striking contrast of the green against the black. I printed twenty of the green on black 'pocket posters'.

I will find a purpose for the other 100 ampersand cards in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.