Sunday, October 16, 2022

A day of creating - silver jewellery

 

Yesterday Fiona and I spent the best part of a day in the studio of Lindsey Gallacher doing an introduction to silver jewellery making course.

What a relaxing and enjoyable day. There was only one other student so it was a very personal and attentive experience.

As you can see from the opening photo I decided to make myself a ring that reflected the view of the fence line out the cottage bedroom back window.

Some of the process photos follow. The image of the fence line was pressed into-onto the silver using a glossy hard card template and metal roller.





Fiona decided on making a pendant - and what a great outcome.


I had a bit of pressed metal left over so Fiona ands I decided to turn it into a pair of earrings - Lindsey attached the posts.

A gorgeous memory of our time here art the cottage. Photo of the ring on my finger below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.