Sunday, January 21, 2024

Learning some techniques - watercolours

 

Some folk will know that when at the cottage in Scotland I try to do the odd watercolour of boats, ruined cottages, sheds and things. 

I have used watercolour pencils in the past; but since arriving home I have committed myself to learning a few techniques in the use of watercolour pigment blocks.  I hope to do weekly classes with a local artist and teacher Megan. An image of my work spot at Megan's is below.

In the first instance I also want to do watercolours of things where the background has been removed; and the object tends to float or be untethered. The first painting I wanted to have a go at was a boat that sits in the grass at Sandside Harbour - the altered  is below.

The original photo follows.

And the watercolour I have done is shown in the opening and following image.

I completed the painting on our dining room table - very much like it will be in Scotland.


I think I will really enjoy the learning process.


1 comment:

  1. Janet Anvilartifacts.comJanuary 23, 2024 at 12:56 AM

    Is there anything you can’t do? Lovely watercolors Barry. It’s always fun to see what you’re up to. Your results are characteristically beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.