Saturday, September 29, 2018

Keyholes, latches and lives

In our meanderings of late I have been attracted to keyholes and latches to various doors. I think it is the history that could be associated with the houses. The keyholes and their wear and foibles suggest lived lives. They make me want to ask the questions: who lived here; how many generations; over what timeframe; how many times was the door opened to let folk in; were they meant to offer safety or security or just keep the elements out etc. There are just layers and layers of life on those doors and keyholes-latches.

Though I have posted on a couple of the keyholes and latches before I thought I might just post on them as a collection.










That is all for this Friday in the Highlands.

3 comments:

  1. love this post of your, thank you for all the variations on keyholes, had not thought of padlocks. I am in process of planning a piece of textile work and the main thing will be centered round the keyhole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this collection of photos. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.