Sunday, June 20, 2021

A whole lot of printing

 

On Saturday I managed to really test the 3D printed plates I had printed at the recent 3D course by doing a series of 10 - printed 12 or 13 of course.. 

I did quite a bit of preparation on Thursday - chose paper in consultation with Fiona, cut paper, marked out a registration page etc. All set to go on the etching press.




I discussed ink with Fiona - we thought because it was relief printing I would dampen the paper and use water based ink that is usually used for lino-cut printing. But that did not work well - too uneven and ink bled.

So I ended up using a water based etching ink - which worked well as you can see from the photos below.



The prints are going to be tested as postcards  - so some letterpress to be added yet.

It has been a long time since I printed using the etching press - so I was pleased with the outcomes.

2 comments:

  1. so glad your trials overcame your tribulations ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the relief sculpture of the boat-plate in the first photo

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.