Friday, October 15, 2021

Finishing bending leaves on stems

 

A good outcome today in that I got 15 larger patinated copper leaves riveted to their aluminium stems. I'm making one set of 9 on 60cm stems; and two sets of 3 on 40cm stems. The set of larger leaves on the 60cm stems are pictured above.

A couple of process photos follow including photos of the more pointy tops of the stems where they are riveted to the leaves; and gently rounded base to make it reasonably easy to push into the soil, gravel or grass when installing the sets.




Some photos of the finished sets on three.


To keep the workshop a bit tidier I have hung the four leaf related sculptures on the wire mesh.

A good sense of achievement for Friday. 


2 comments:

  1. how metal yields to your hand ... graceful beyond belief that it could be so

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA - I can't believe it is so long since I responded to the generous visits and comments of folk - you. Most times the metal yields - joy that I have found this art form. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.