Sunday, January 16, 2022

Weekend fragments

 

My time over the weekend was a bit fragmented - spent some of Saturday at DEP and all of today. So the outcome,e was a bit of metal and a bit of letterpress as you will see from the blog post.

I did get to polish the bowl (about 15-17cm in diameter) above. I liked the heavy hammer marks so rather than smoothing those away I decided to leave the bowl as it is. Made from a vintage silver-plated placemat.

I finished the bowls and leaves for the three Daily Leaf Word sets.


I spent quite a bit of time proofing and adjusting the middle pages of my daily words poem book. I wanted to get it right so that I can repeat the layout and lock up for the remaining pages. I will attempt to do an edition of 20-25.



In response to the decision of governments regarding omicron I decided to print a nano-poster (20 copies ) simply reflecting the fact that countries require healthy people if the are to have healthy economies. Seems sensible to me that you can't produce and deliver if you don't have a workforce to do that. Beautiful vintage 72 point wood type - love the grain and old ink staining some of the timber.



So a very bibs and bobs weekend really.

1 comment:

  1. I really love seeing the hammer marks ... but then again, your highly polished bowls are wonderful, too ... can't miss either way

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.