Sunday, February 6, 2022

Installed

 


The three post installation has been installed and the person who commissioned it just loves it. View from the rear above.

I had Fiona and Faith helping me with the heavy posts and in particular with the siting, alignment and choosing faces to show.


The posts have been put directly into the soil and gravel - given they are cypress pine they are distant to termites and rot - and I have waxed both the tops and bottoms to reduced cracking and water absorption. It also means the posts can be shifted or rotated over time if the owner wants. 

Now I need to find an interesting cog or other rusty object for the top of the larger post - front on view of the installation below.



Photos taken by Fiona.


1 comment:

  1. I wondered if the posts would be set up in a combination of angled and straight-on ... and very much like the idea that they might/could be shifted over time rather than set in concrete ... I'm sure it was challenging to get them all plumb, but well-worth the effort as the first and final images show

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.