Sunday, June 12, 2022

Peace and leaves

 

Another mixed weekend - I worked in Deckled Edge Press printing peace pocket posters; and in the workshop progressing leaves with words.

The photo above shows the three peace pocket posters I printed - advanced preparation for International Day of Peace. In all I printed 210 pocket posters  - 21 to fit in with the date of IDoP in September - and 70 of each so that there are enough to send out into the world. I checked out the IDoP website - the theme this year is build peace against racism - and we can do this by building equality - we can never have too much equality. I have chosen blue on blue to create a calm and peaceful look to the pocket posters. I loved the lusciousness of the colour mixing process.




I have managed to: fold all the 140 stamped leaf blanks; marked them up for cutting; and cut the earring pieces - and even unfolded and ground one pair (see last photo). 




The rest of the leaves will be cut, ground and polished over the next week. I'm always a bit surprised how long production can take - but then again I have set myself the task of doing 140 word leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.