Friday, March 17, 2023

Not sure of the name

 


I'm making an artists' book using left over pages, over prints and the stencils used in the creation of my book IT WONT'T DISMANTLE ITSELF - patriarchy that is - 3 copies - one original and two artist's proofs. That book is A3 in size. The back and front covers of the new book will feature over prints of the words avenges and uninvited hands as you can see from the opening photo. This book will be A4 in size; and will be unique.

I have made a small mockup of the book to ensure that each opening will feature a stencil used for embossing and spraying for the pages of the original book - see below.

The stencils are now covered in the black spray paint. You can see some of the progress photos following. The A3 pages are being cut down to A4 size.







The last page of the book is to feature the stencil that was used to emboss the cover of the original book - but after a discussion Fiona and I thought it needed a black border to help it to stand out. The making of and attaching the black border all went according to plan until I realised I had attached it to the wrong side of the stencil - very frustrating. You can see from the photos below it was not easy to remove the black paper frame - very good quality double sided tape.


But it ended well as you can see from the photo below.

I will probably have to wait until I return from Scotland to complete the book. I'm still not sure what to call the book - suggestions are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.