Sunday, April 14, 2024

Trio of posts completed

 

I achieved my goal of finishing the three post sculpture today. A photo of the finished trio outdoors above. The photo below is of the completed posts in the workshop before heading outdoors.

A few more photos of the trio from different angles and with a couple of different backgrounds follow.



The trio is now stored away in the workshop awaiting installation.

This has been a grand project. I have: used my last 3m long 200mm square log of cypress pine; created posts with heaps of niches - inspired by a work at the back of Qld gallery of modern art; used most of the rusted metal that was lying around; and given myself the opportunity to scale down stuff in the workshop. The bonus of course is that there are now three gorgeous posts to go out into the world and to weather further.

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the profiles of the posts when they are turned 45 degrees … and the sawblade pieces are inspired

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.