Sunday, July 5, 2009

One person's junk is my sculpture stash

Well the work on Fiona and my November exhibition has begun. The focus will be on stillness, the sacred, vessels, peacefulness and celebration. I have working designs for about 15 pieces at this stage – of course the number and the designs will change over the coming months – some things will work and some won’t, some materials will be there and some won’t – so it will be both planned and organic. However I did know that I would need quite a stash of salvaged timber and metal sheeting (stainless steel, copper, brass, rusted tin and aluminium) for the planned pieces. A recent roadside rubbish collection proved to be a bonanza for me.





As you can see from the photos above the metal I wanted was delivered in all shapes and sizes – from other people's junk I have all the metal I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.