Saturday, February 20, 2010

H is for heavy handed – fractured foldformed H

As you can see from the photo of the foldformed ALaW letter H I took the thin brass sheet in too many directions.




Whilst I achieved the uneven look I was after folding the cross bar over the right folded upright without tapping it flat resulted in a bit a tear in the metal on the crossover. But as they say in the classics: if it looks ok then it is ok. The texture of the orgiginal recycled pot plant holder has come through nicely when I polished the piece with steel wool.

As I am now getting a bit of a stash of these 7x7cm brass letters I am beginning to think that they will become part of a 15x15cm square pole that will sit and weather outside somewhere on the block.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.