Friday, November 1, 2019

Product for Maleny Additions


©2019 Barry Smith - Leaf Tea Caddy Spoons go to market!!!
I put my bowl and words commission aside so that I could make stock for Maleny Additions. They are having something like a 'meet the makers' event tonight so I had to make sure that they had enough stock in case folk were overcome and wanted to buy stuff.

It turned out they were short of Leaf Tea Caddy Spoons and Leaf Pate Knives so that is what I have been doing over the last couple of days. Not a bad outcome as you can see from the photo above and below. Swing tags courtesy of Fiona.

©2019 Barry Smith - Leaf Pate Knives - made from really hard silver-plated nickel silver
And what is a blog post if one does not include a few process photos.

©2019 Barry Smith - Marking up multiples
©2019 Barry Smith - Trimming after guillotine work
©2019 Barry Smith - Creating leaf detail on blanks.
©2019 Barry Smith - Bowl section of the tea caddy spoons pressed into the blanks
I asked if on this occasion MA might like some of my black buffalo horn earrings - so these 6 pair were taken in to test the market.

©2019 Barry Smith - Six pair of black buffalo horn earrings
Now I need to get my artist rags on and head in for the show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.