Friday, July 10, 2020

Change and anticipation

©2020 Barry Smith - Limited edition of Be the change mini-poster
I have just finished the above limited edition (10 prints) of A5 posters - known in Deckled Edge Press as mini-posters. The design for this poster came about by serendipitously combining two works - a postcard on "if not now then when?' and a mini poster that just said "be the change".  The photo below shows 1/10.

©2020 Barry Smith - One of ten
I have printed my cards for International Peace Day on 21 September. I needed to get them done now so they can be sent out in a couple of weeks time. Post delivery to some places is taking 8 weeks in these pandemic times.

In all I have printed 160 cards - the number was determined by the amount of business card sized paper I had to hand. Just because I could I added a bit of gold dust - peace is special!!!

©2020 Barry Smith - Adding a bit of bling
©2020 Barry Smith - I have said it before - I love this purple mix
©2020 Barry Smith - Some of the 160 cards
©2020 Barry Smith - A stash for peace
When I was brushing the gold dusting powder off the cards this interesting insect like image appeared.
©2020 Barry Smith - A mystery form in the gold dusting powder
Over the weekend I hope to start some small metal books.

2 comments:

  1. Hi P - there are days when it seems like work; but you are right most days it is fun. Thanks. Go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.