Sunday, July 12, 2020

Unopened books and earrings

©2020 Barry Smith - Ten small riveted but unopened silver-plated books
I have made quite good progress on making a stash (10) small metal books with inspirational words - they are about 4.5cm high and 3.5cm wide. As you can see from the photo above I have got them to the riveted stage. A few progress photos follow.

©2020 Barry Smith - Metal cut for small books - silver-plated brass from placemats
©2020 Barry Smith - Pages stamped
©2020 Barry Smith - Three leaves of the books bound with rubber bands to hold them in alignment; and then drilled for riveting
During the week I will need to grind all the edges; open the books; give any sharp edges a second grind; and then a final polish - it is not done until it is all done.

I did also manage to complete four more pairs of the earrings I was making out of silver-plated disks.

©2020 Barry Smith - Disks and brass eyelets
©2020 Barry Smith _ Silver-plated copper and brass concave disks
©2020 Barry Smith - Disk on disk - a bit of swing
©2020 Barry Smith _ And odd pair - one silver-plated copper and the other brass
All the earrings are now in the Deckled Edge Press gallery shop. But if folk who don't live locally or visit want to buy any of them they can message me and we can work out arrangements. I just don't have the time to put them in my online shop.

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.