Friday, November 12, 2021

Progressing Daily Leaf Word sets

 

I am making more Daily Leaf Word sets - the sets are made up of a shallow hand formed hammered bowl and 7 smallish leaf forms with inspirational words stamped on them - one for each day of the week. Whilst I'm aiming to make 6 sets I decided to make 10 bowls (see above) as I have had a couple of enquiries about making sets with words chosen by the client.

A couple of process photos of the bowls follow.


A few more photos of the finished bowls.



I progressed the work on the 42 word leaves - including folding them and cutting the leaf forms.


Over the weekend I will hammer, open, grind and polish the 42 leaf forms.

2 comments:

  1. and always I think of your hammer marks being made in the same meditative rhythm as stitch ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LA - i reflect on that often - whilst the medium is very different the beautiful repletion has a lot in common - though mine is a lot noisier. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.