Sunday, July 10, 2022

Bouncing around


Saturday and Sunday was about fitting in what I could when I could creative wise. I melted metal; ground daily words leaves; did a bit more work on the posts for the grief garden in town; cut inner and outer covers for my Daily Words booklet and tested the de-bossing on the cover; and sliced some melted metal for earrings.

In fact I did two metal melts one of which resulted in the gorgeous rainbow effect on the boat hull form above - someone said I might have mixed a bit of aluminium in the metal mix - not sure but will see if I can replicate it. The metal is extremely crystalline - almost like glass - can't be drilled without fracturing. Some more photos of the melted metal below- including the wrecked boat hull I finished; and the sliced melted metal.







Photo of the 5 posts for the grief garden - another coat of bitumen on the base.

Some photos follow on the paper and de-bossing for the Daily Words booklet. I need to finish the covers next week and begin stitching the booklets.




All in all a few good outcomes.

2 comments:

  1. once again it is noteworthy how you move from one scale to another, likewise your facility with such different materials

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have a creative regime set up for your new space…well done…love the rainbow effect too…small pleasures warm 💕

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.