Sunday, July 3, 2022

Connecting components

 

On Saturday I finished and put together components for my small fishing boats. Many of these boats have torn sails - the result of ferocious northern Scottish seas. Three are pictured above.

A collection of components before assembling.


A couple more photos of completed boats.



I needed to make a couple more copper components so I did a metal melt whilst putting the boats together. One trick I have learnt is if you heat up the graphite moulds there is less chance of spitting and bubbles in the metal when you pour the molten metal - less chance of a shock caused by sudden change of temperature. The rough cast pieces below need to have excess cut off and then filed and polished.


I have almost finished all the melted metal elements for this piece that will go into the Vessels exhibition in October at the Old Ambo Gallery.

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.