Sunday, April 2, 2023

Cove cottage

 

I have made an initial start to collect stones from a few of the post-clearance fishing villages so that I can cut cottages into the hard stone. I imagine I will have between 5 and 7 stones that will be used to make cottages to represent the incredibly difficult work the cleared farm families had to do to make their new homes on the rough coastal land.

As you can see from the photo above I have done a first cut of a cottage into the stone picked up from the Armadale fishing cove. I started the cutting with the plan to cut two to three stones as you can see below.

Not a bad working site as you can see from the photo below.

The battery ran out of puff after doing the first cottage and starting the second. Mind you I had used the battery in my drill when resurrecting the Cove Post and re installing it. Process photos follow.





I will finish cutting a second cottage when the battery is charged; and I will give both of them a tidy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.