Friday, June 28, 2024

Betrayal and Loss - published

 

I have published Betrayal and Loss, my small book (17cm square and 50 pages) on the history and making of my solo exhibition in Strathnaver Museum Annex in September 2023. I took delivery of a small stash of the books - some of which you can see in the photo above. The book can be purchased here online through Blurb.

I wanted to publish the book to add to the telling of the story about the Strathnaver Clearances; and honour the Museum for hosting the exhibition and for purchasing Loss as part of its permanent collection.

 As you can see in the first photo below, the book covers: the background history, a description of each of the works, the process of making each of the works and working with Farr High School in the making of the public art piece the Fishers Post.

The following photos give a bit of an introduction to the book. I thought that the photos taken by Fiona and myself was the best way to share the story of the exhibition.








As I said at the beginning of this blog post - Betrayal and Loss the book can be bought online from the Blurb store. If you didn't want to buy the book you can purchase a PDF version of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.