Friday, December 27, 2019

End of year decluttering

©2019 Barry Smith - Paint tube buttons from the Orkneys
I have decided that it is time for me to reduce my studio footprint and do a bit of decluttering. I had spread my jewellery making over an entire room which resulted in inefficient use of space; and the keeping of stuff I just did not use.

So the first task was to do a big sort and put aside stuff I did not use. And second was to reduce my jewellery assembling space down. So now I share space with Fiona in what has become her sewing room.

The photos below show a more streamlined work area.



We have visitors coming today and staying for a few days so it meant that there was not a lot of time available for making. I decided to just make a couple of simple paint tube earrings from buttons Fiona and I picked up on the Orkneys.

©2019 Barry Smith - Purple buttons riveted to silver-plated metal
©2019 Barry Smith - Orange button earrings
I had intended to make a set of earrings from the backbone of a carpet snake that died down the back of the block some time ago. I did prepare the bones but ran out of making time.

©2019 Barry Smith - Carpet snake vertebrae - about 1cm across
Snake bone earrings will have to wait.

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.