Friday, December 13, 2019

Finishing and installing leaves

©2019 Barry Smith - Eleven very similar silver-plated metal leaves with stems
I am now down to the last couple of steps on a commission I'm working on. During the week I finished making 11 leaves so that I had a choice when I came to install the leaves. The 11 completed leaves are above on the grinding and polishing bench.

Installing the leaves required me to make small adjustments like reducing the length of some of the stems; and in two cases reducing the length of leaves by 2-3mm.

©2019 Barry Smith  - Small lengths cut off stems
I held the leaves in place with small wedges made from craft paddle pop sticks. The glue took about 30 minutes to cure. But I left the wedges in place overnight.

©2019 Barry Smith  - Wedges held the leaf in place whilst the glue dried
©2019 Barry Smith  - Rudimentary wedges made from paddle pop sticks
The final outcome looks professional and beautiful.

©2019 Barry Smith  - Gorgeous fit
I should be delivering the work early next week.

2 comments:

  1. MC - Thanks for your setting comment. The task was a bit fiddly but the outcome was pleasing and I think the pieces will bring joy. Peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.