Friday, May 15, 2020

Not done until ....

©2020 Barry Smith - Choosing ornaments for the next series of gift cards
Though Fiona and I put in quite a few hours in the letterpress studio today there is not a lot to show by way of finished product. In fact in our diary for today it said - stocktake, inventory, cull - so that meant no play until the tedious work was completed.

We have moved our entire print studio into our new premises in town; and we intend to have a studio-gallery shop that not only sells Deckled Edge Press products; but also Fiona and my bits and pieces of art.  So we had hauled them all our stuff over to the new premises and spent the day sorting, culling, writing the items up etc.

My first job was to sort and do an inventory of my small sculptural work, metal work and jewellery. And of course I needed to sort the online shop items from the actual shop items - hence the blue line in the photo below.

©2020 Barry Smith - Unpacking the jumble from boxes
©2020 Barry Smith - Some of the pieces to go into the studio-gallery shop
I did get a bit of time to sort more of the ornaments and chose some pieces for my next series of gift cards.
©2020 Barry Smith - I intend to print along the bottom of the gift cards hence the long and narrow pieces or sets of ornaments
©2020 Barry Smith - I think I mentioned that many of the pieces of ornament are dirty and if you look closely in the first photo some pieces have dents - I will see if I can find replacement pieces before doing a proof.
All in all a satisfying day.

2 comments:

  1. your diary sets quite an ambitious agenda ... I'd find myself sitting and gazing at the ornaments for far too long to accomplish much

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Barry))) look forward to going for a drive up the coast one day in the not too faraway (x fingers), your studio is high on the list of things we need to see, haven't done a road trip north since last century!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.