Friday, September 11, 2020

First from the new workshop

 

It seemed quite fitting that the first bits of hammered metal from the new workshop should be leaves - one of my favourite forms.

Last weekend I was asked by a visitor to DEP studio-gallery-shop could I make her a pair of leaf earrings with clips given she does not have pierced ears. Of course I could as you can see from the opening photo graph - the leaf drops are about 35-40mm long.

After bolting my two vices to the workbench today I got into the process of making seven pairs of leaf earrings with different length drops.

Cutting up silver-plated drink coasters.


Folding and shaping the leaf forms.



Grinding, polishing and twisting the opened leaf forms.


And assembling a couple of pair including the wee ones below - leaf form is about 1.8cm. The longest reaffirm drop is about 6cm.



2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.