Sunday, September 6, 2020

Preparing rainbow backgrounds for peace

 

Recently I have printed a couple of mini-posters (A5) - one on change and one on weariness. I decided I wanted to print a peace poster in time for International Peace Day - 21 September.

I set myself the task of creating a rainbow background for the poster. This involved using seven rollers and inks for the job. Each A5 sheet of paper was rolled on a sheet of recycled A4 computer paper.


I have made 12 background hoping the I will get 7-10 good mini-posters. The ink will probably take about a week or so to dry before I can overprint the rainbow with the word peace.




I haven't decided if I will overprint in white or black yet. I have been thinking that white would be more peaceful. I will be printing using wood type - tallest letter is about 5cm.

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.