Friday, September 25, 2020

Limited editions on love

 

Folk reading my blog will have seen that I have been working on single page artists books based on Mary-Jane Dodd's poem "love heals'. I was doing two different series: one on Magnani map paper; and one on faux vellum. Each book had letterpress on the front of the sheet and a computer print of a photo of one of my mended bowls.



I have finally finished drying and folding the books. 

The letterpress ink on the vellum series took many weeks to fully dry - but the transparent nature of the books was I think worth the wait. Three sepia printed books form a limited edition of 3. The vellum books have a transparent wrap made from strong tracing paper.

Two faux vellum books with grey-black printed back form a limited edition of two.

And four less that good quality faux vellum books are artists proofs.

The paper based books were much harder to fold given the paper was stiff and about 140gsm - but the  books are smooth to the touch. In the end there were 17 good books in the series. The paper books have a debased wrap made from the same Magnani map paper.



3 comments:

  1. (((Barry))) these worked out so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have both been so busy. Love the printing. Wish I was younger, perhaps in another life I will play with print. Unfortunately age is catching up with my body.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work ~ exquisite in every detail! Will you have a show at your local gallery? These are priceless. Blessings to you, and those you love.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.