Sunday, October 11, 2020

I can, you can, we can

 


Fiona and I have been gradually doing more posters in the lead up to a poster exhibition at Deckled Edge Press studio-gallerybefore the end of the year.

I wanted to do an A5 poster about choice - I came up with "I can and I will". We have a number of wood ampersands in our type collection; so I decided to build the poster around one of the bigger gorgeous pieces.

Fiona suggested that doing a poster on you can and we can would be more inclusive. So in the end that is what I did.

The ampersand had to be printed first not only because of colour but more importantly it was well above type high. I also got to play with some different papers and some triple printing - I think ampersand lovers might like the lead photo.







Whilst I was in the swing of things I decided to print an affirmative A4 poster about having big dreams - we need to dream big. Fiona added to the design by selecting the 'big' font (Italian wood type) and suggesting a gradation of blue for dream.




I think the "I can, you can, we can" and the "Dream big" posters have all worked out well. 

2 comments:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.