Friday, October 16, 2020

Starbursts

 

I have been making the above forms-vessels for quite a few years now - it is a shape I worked out for myself. I call them starbursts because when I look down into the centre-base of the form and then out to the edges it reminds me of an exploding star. As you can see from the photo above the finished polished form-vessel is very reflective and shimmery.

I have sold a couple of sets recently so I was looking to restock. I cut enough metal for 9 starbursts from a couple of small silver-plated copper trays; but today I only got the time to finish 6 - or two trio sets. I prefer them in sets of three as it tends to result in a bit more of a dynamic mini installation. A few process photos follow.




The second finished and polished trio on the workbench.


My afternoon was given over to a couple of landscaping tasks around our new home.  

1 comment:

  1. the reflections in your starburst bowls are like looking up into the sky and finding meaning in the clouds ... magical

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.