Friday, December 11, 2020

Leaf installation in the making

 

Today I was able to progress three related leaf-form projects: a small installation of 7 largish leaves on stems; a larger installation with 15 leaves on stems; and a trio of medium sized leaves. The photo above shows a stash of the leaf-forms that have been hammered - but more so the lovely fire colour on the copper again.

Warning - process photos follow.




And then there are some photos of the patination process - lovely green-blue colour on the copper. To get the patina solution to work I ground the fire scale and other impurities off the copper leaf-forms and polished them with a wire brush; and then applied a diluted patina solution. Takes about an hour for the solution to work and the metal to dry.



I did get to patina 9 leaves from which I will choose 7 for the small installation. Once I have given the patina coat of fixative I will then rivet them to the stems - but that is for another day.

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.