Sunday, December 6, 2020

Printing with ornaments

 

In our collection of ornaments we have one of a rat with a topcoat and top hat. I have been asked a few times whether we would sell it. I had not printed with it and so did not know the quality. On Saturday I decided to use paper I had cut to make a series of smaller book marks using three ornaments that had not been printed with - rat, bird and two women. The end result is in the photo above. All three ornaments are fine quality and give fine detailed prints. I don't think we will be selling any of those ornaments. 

As you can see from the photo below I made 20 bookmarks of each of the ornaments. I used a number of different paper offcuts hence the different coloured bookmarks.


We also had some business card size cards cut from offcuts. We have set these aside so that people can have a play with a press if they want. To this end I have locked up three 3x5 chases with: hope, love peace and a Mickey Mouse ornament. 

So I printed some of the rat in a top hat on to business cards and love-heart-peace also on cards.  Quite a bit of fun.

Today (Sunday) I have been working on a couple of small sculpture commissions in the workshop - secret so can't blog on them. I must say it was very hot in the workshop with the current heatwave. 

2 comments:

  1. They are lovely Barry. I would not be selling any of them either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mysterious design

    Thank you for your support.
    I wish You all the best.
    Greeting and hug.

    From Japan, ruma ❃
     

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.