Friday, December 24, 2021

A whole lot of embossing

 

I spent the day embossing pages for my artists' book. But first I embossed the cover - above - appears dark grey but is really black. It was embossed using the stencil I had cut using a font called stencil. Embossing was done under the guidance of Fiona - particularly the front cover and front page



I used the stencil to emboss the front page of the book - below - on Zerkall 145 gsm paper.

I'm using the same paper for the in-between pages - see the line up below. I made three copies of everything - three books in the making.









A very satisfying day - lots of progress made 

2 comments:

  1. What an amazing piece of work this is B - bravo! It always does my head in how you look at a photo of embossing and until you can re-arrange your eyes, it can look de-bossed, not embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. F - thanks for your support on this project - it it progressing well - improving iteratively. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.