Wednesday, December 22, 2021

In and around the house and the moon

 

Fiona has brought quite a few flowers into the house over the last couple of days - part everyday joy  and part festive cheer!! So today's theme is 'in and around the house' - including the early morning light on simple daisies on a side table near a window  above and below - lovely grey light.

A stroll around the house meant flowers popped up in all sorts of places







Outside our front door there is a Magnolia tree - G has planted an orchid in it - it is in full bloom. The first photo is before I went for my walk - by the time I returned the Magnolia flower had opened and the bees were feasting on the nectar - just gorgeous.



After my morning walk a visit to G's house - orchid house that is - offered more beauty.




And the world would not be right without a few photos of the solstice moon and the next day early morning moon.





5 comments:

  1. I was just outside and the waning gibbous moon is settling into the west as the sun is rising in the east ... as always, amazed at how quickly the edges of the full moon are carved away ...

    love the two painted mugs in that last interior image ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love a house filled with flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those orchids. Merry Christmas to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi LA, F, MC & P - thanks for faithfully checking out the blog and leaving encouraging comments - much appreciated. LA - I agree the edges are carved away quickly - but the carved edges have a particularly beauty. The mugs are about 20 years old - have been in use each morning coffee is to be had. F - Oh I know - and I love it. MC - the flowers have their own words. P - glad you enjoy the orchids - though I can't claim them - stay safe and have joy. All - peace and go well. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.