Sunday, December 12, 2021

"Happy whatever" and melted metal boat hulls

 

I spent the day at DEP yesterday; and apart from selling stuff from our shop I managed to print 20 "happy whatever" cards - good for all occasions including Christmas - we had sold out. I put copper dust on 10 cards and left the others plain - Fiona doubts if everyone likes bling!!! The ink needs to dry before removing excess copper dust.



Fiona was at the studio today so I got back into the workshop. I carved a pointed end on the graphite mould.

I managed to pour three hull including one with a lot of fire colour - below. I was doing melts with different metal and only small loads into the crucible - hence the chance to get different coloured hulls.

The three hulls look pretty good after grinding and polishing - though I'm leaving the underside raw to show the texture and patina-colour.


Another good weekend with a touch of creativity.

4 comments:

  1. the hulls are wonderfully wrought ... you must be incredibly pleased with the results

    as for bling, I'm usually not a fan, but your applications are the exception that proves the rule

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and now I'm wondering ... what are the dimensions of the hulls?

      Delete
  2. Like these hulls. Feeling a bit miserable as my back has given out and I still have lots to do. Struggling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi LA and P - thanks for checking out the post and commenting. LA - restrained bling is good. The hulls are about 8.5-9cm long and 2cm wide. P - sorry too hear about your back - pain is a blank that is hard to carry. Hoping you recover so you can get on with stuff. Both - peace. B

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.