Sunday, September 11, 2022

A cement request

 


A friend asked if I could make some cement cubes that could be used for display purpose similar to the arrangements above. 

I have been mixing up a few basins of pure grey cement and pouring them into silicone moulds as you can see from the photos below.






You might also notice in the photos above  a few random pieces such as  hearts, coasters  and candle burners in the mix. All the pieces need to be finished by sanding off the rough edges. Making the cement objects is a bit messy but also fun. 

Below are three sets of cement blocks plus a couple of circles sanded and ready to be delivered.




1 comment:

  1. I must confess, I get concrete and cement endlessly muddled ... even when (especially when) I look them up in the dictionary, which seems to have a rather circular way of defining them ... either way, our local limestone quarries which make the stuff put a lot of dust into the air, which has a rather unwelcome way of attaching itself to our windows whenever it rains

    all that by way of saying I don't envy your cleanup after a project such as this one ... and now I'm wondering if this is the same individual who requested the wooden blocks ... if so, they must have quite an interesting collection to display

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.