Saturday, September 17, 2022

Re-acquainting myself

 


We have been back to the cottage in Scotland for a few days and quite a bit of our time has been taken with cleaning, weeding and doing a number of refreshing of the cottage type chores - and of course reconnecting with neighbours etc. 

Today (Friday) I didn't create but I did get back into the workshop/garden shed to check things out and sweep etc - I was pleasantly surprised that there were gorgeous bits and pieces for future work including the small timber bits in the photo above - picked up from the local fishing cove. I was pleased that I had left the workshop in a good state as you can see from the photo below.

A few more photos of bits that will become art pieces in the future follow - including some beautiful rust.





In preparation for this visit I posted an older side grinder (with new diamond blade) from the Maleny workshop and some new stone chisels. I ordered and had delivered a new battery and charger from A Scottish supplier - these arrived two days after we arrived - pretty good!!!

The post made from bits washed up in the local village fishing cove has settled nicely into the landscape.

We feel like we are once again being held gently by our Scottish home. A bit of making might start over the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. (((Barry & Fiona))) you two are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barry and Fiona, enjoy your Scottish home. I am in Cairns with Greg.to celebrate 50 years. Tyrone

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks much as you left it, but I don't envy you the cleaning and weeding needed after a long absence ... love how the post looks as if it has always been there

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.