Sunday, June 11, 2023

Done and dusted

 

Today I sent Fiona a Signal from the workshop that I was done and dusted and was heading home for lunch. This was a milestone - I had just completed the last bit of soldering, bending of wires and grinding on the last 30 boats I have been working on over the weekend. In all I have completed 113 boats for the art piece I have planned. The photo above shows a few of the boats hulls and masts drying after they have had excess flux scrubbed off them.

The photo below shows the 30 boats on the bench top.

Following are a few progress images - I like how the brass rods create a bit of interest.





Below are a couple of photos of the last boat to be soldered.



And then a container full of boats to carry home for packing for Scotland.

This has been a big job - very satisfying - but also quite exhausting in terms of the number of boats and the concentration required in carrying out so many steps. Yep - done and dusted. The only time I or anybody else will see the 100+ boats together will be when they are installed for the exhibition.

1 comment:

  1. (((Barry))) have enjoyed watching this project develop, look forward to seeing the installation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.