Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Rainbow at dawn and other fragments

 

This year the shortest day in the year in Australia is reported to be Thursday 22. It is certainly dark when we get up to get ready to exercise - see photos below.


My morning walk was at dawn - at first dusk light but what a delight to have a rainbow lorikeet (see opening photo) land on a grevillea just in from of me when I was taking the photo of the camellia on a bush nearby.

Talking of light -  here a few of photos of a stem of flowers F and I saw in town; and shadow.



And yesterday's sunset.


Not to be overlooked - G's crucifix orchids are blooming.







3 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I am struggling, my arthritis doesn't like the cold weather we are getting here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented to Don the other day that I miss the sunrise walks down the long driveway in the Hill Country, which brought me out into open sky ... thank you for sharing your views here ... Liz A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes G’s orchids are stunning!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.