Friday, November 3, 2023

New endeavours and the tools


 Fiona and I are embarking on some work that requires the rearrangement of some tools in the workshop and the addition of others. 

I'm going to be doing a bit of jewellery using pearl shell (such as the above - cut yesterday with a diamond blade) and some gold plated brass I was gifted; and Fiona is building on the silversmith work she started with Lindsey in Scotland.

The following photos simply show some of the draws of tools that have been rearranged including a draw of jewellers grinding and polishing bits, and another that has jeweller's saws, mandrels, soldering torches etc.







I have also been doing some repair work of an old bench drill I bought - this includes watching U-tubes to learn how to readjust the pulleys. I want to slow the drill speed as I want to use diamond tube drills to cut circles of pearl shell.

Hopefully the tools and gifted materials will soon be used to give some salvaged materials a new life.

2 comments:

  1. your hammers always give me a smile ... Liz A

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((Barry))) Look forward to seeing what you do with the mother of pearl shell, have one here for 20 years that I have never dared to cut!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.