Friday, February 23, 2024

Progress

 

I have completed another postcard sized watercolour; and another is on the way. Each watercolour provides its own challenges and offers me new points of learning along the way.

A photo of the completed watercolour - old green painted corrugated iron church in the Highlands on a misty day. Process photos follow - is above.



The watercolour I'm currently working on is of a fishing boat with some serious reflections. Whilst the grey-white colour of the boat and dark rippling reflections look beautiful, they offer another challenge - yet it is coming along ok.



I must say I'm enjoying learning so much about mixing colours (thanks Megan) and apply the paint sparingly as you can see from the palette in the last photo. 

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.