Sunday, February 11, 2024

Two more wee watercolours

 

I'm keeping up with my efforts to improve my knowledge of watercolour painting; and developing my skills. The parameters I have set for myself are: to do postcard size works; do works with out backgrounds; and do works that reflect our trips to the cottage in Scotland - with a focus on boats and old sheds and cottages.

In this blog are two wee watercolours: one of a couple of stranded old fishing boats; and one of a thatched stone cottage. The opening image is the finished version of the boats. Following are a couple of progress photos.


The thatched cottage images follow - first the completed work; and then some process-progress images.





I'm enjoying this medium; and know I have much to learn particularly about colour mixing etc.


1 comment:

  1. as much as I liked the photos with backgrounds removed, I likewise think your watercolors without backgrounds are exceptional ... the boats are very painterly ... Liz A

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.