Friday, August 7, 2009

Sketches

I have indicated in earlier blogs that Fiona and I are working towards a major exhibition in November that will focus will be on stillness, the sacred, peacefulness and celebration. I am currently working on a couple of pieces for a Maleny Artworks exhibition on vessels in September. And recently David Linton indicated interest in my ‘posts’ and would like to exhibit and sell them through his gallery.
Over the last few weeks we have been travelling a bit with work and rest so plane trips have provided the opportunity to do a bit of sketching for the various bits of work. So I thought I’d share a few of the pages from the sketch book.

The vessels for the Maleny Artworks exhibition will take the form of an inverted pyramid; and the hull of a boat out of the water for winter.


I quite like that my ‘posts’ are taking on different forms: temple posts; poetic posts; functional garden posts that might hold a small amount of rainfall etc.


A number of the November exhibition pieces will confirm my love of the cube and the posts – some will be functional but others just a bit quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.