Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bringing 'gifts' together

As you know people kindly keep an eye out for rusted iron and other metal for me - I posted on a heap of rusted iron that I got recently. Now and then I also get given salvaged timber. Recently I had a great mossy plank given to me (3.6m long 200mm wide).



As you can see from the photos I have been toying with creating a door to no-where for a garden - a stile or portal maybe - from the mossy plank and rusted iron. Anyway whatever it might be called I want it to have this door like piece that brings the beauty of the degrading timber and rusting metal together.


I'm currently playing with circles of rusted metal tumbling down the upright planks. Hmm!!!! still a work in progress - sometimes we just need to let these things sit an walk past them a few times before they come together. At the moment too many circles and different textures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.