Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Grabbing time

Sometimes it is not so easy to grab time in the garage-studio to create. So when there are only small stretches of time available I try to use it to progress work that I have on the go. This week it meant progressing the Ladles (not ladies VA) that are to go into Maleny Additions store.

Yesterday I managed to get enough time to attach (rivet) handles to four ladles; and polish them. The handles on these four ladles were rescued from some of the trays I bought back from Tasmania. All the bowls of the ladles are made from recycled silver plated copper or EPNS cut from discarded serving trays.

©2014 Barry Smith - Ladles - two medium shallow and two small deep
I'm a bit fond of the wee ladles - they cry out for: serving chocolate sauce; or serving olives; or ladling balsamic vinegar and olive oil.

©2014 Barry Smith - Ladles - chocolate sauce or olives anyone? 
©2014 Barry Smith - Small ladle with spiral handle
And I have five other handles ready to go - shaped, drilled and polished - four are formed from brass rod and one from a tray handle.

©2014 Barry Smith - Ladle handle - ready to rivet
I hope to finish the stash of ladles and get them into Maleny Additions early next week.

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling the need for a ladle. They are gorgeous, B!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.