Friday, July 14, 2017

Finding fragments of time for peace

©2017 Barry Smith - Peace on the grinding wheel
Life on the block has been pretty hectic lately with community, family, art commission and friend commitments. Finding time to do a little unstructured creating has been a challenge. I have given myself a deadline of the end of July to complete my Peace Leaves for International Peace Day.

I grabbed a few hours yesterday to finish opening the last of the leaves - quite a line up as you can see from the photo below.

©2017 Barry Smith - Twenty-one groups of 10 Peace Leaves in the rough
I only just made the 210 goal as I had given a few away over the last month; and as you can from the photo below I lost 8-9 to poor metal.

©2017 Barry Smith - Fractured peace (leaves)
Anyway I took a stash over to the grinding and polishing bench. By the going down of the sun I had managed to grind and polish 50 leaves.

©2017 Barry Smith - About 100 peace leaves in the rough
©2017 Barry Smith - First group of 10 Peace Leaves off the grinder and polisher
©2017 Barry Smith - Small steel circular brush polishing 
©2017 Barry Smith - Fifty Peace Leaves reflecting a little bit of setting sun
Only 160 to go.

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.