Friday, November 2, 2018

A whole lot of grinding

©2018 Barry Smith - Bunch of leaf-spoons on worn timber in late afternoon light
I didn't get a lot of time in the garage-studio today because of community commitments.

I did get to finish the stash of Leaf-spoons. When I was over at the grinding-polishing bench I realised that there was quite a bit of work and maybe skill in taking the rough fold-formed leaf-spoons and turning them into beautiful smooth objects.

I asked Fiona to take a 10 second video of the grinding wheel and a little bit of the process. But of course I could not load it in its uncompressed format; and life is too short to spend too much time on such matters. See my Facebook page for the video.

Anyway after a couple of hours of grinding and polishing the stash of Leaf-spoons emerge.

©2018 Barry Smith - Bunch of leaf-spoons on work bench in late afternoon light
©2018 Barry Smith - Bunch of leaf-spoons on worn timber in late afternoon light
A good outcome for the day. Now I seriously think it is time to get some pizza and red wine happening.

1 comment:

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.