Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Fragment from the last few days

©2018 Barry Smith - Bee collecting pollen rom wild flowers
Sometimes the images we catch are serendipity personified. Tuesday morning I was down the back of the block watering a few trees Fiona and had planted on Saturday morning. Because we are having hot days with winds it is important to nurse them along until we get a decent shower of rain. I happened to take my iPhone because I was listening to music as I watered. I noticed a lot of bee activity on a little native bush - I was fortunate to catch the photo above of one bee that was well on the way to having a load to take back to the hive.

The combination of clouds and the setting sun can be fleeting matters - so catching the moment when the rays are streaming though can be a matter of serendipity.

©2018 Barry Smith  - Rays
Flowers on the other hand offer their beauty over a longer period.

©2018 Barry Smith  - Hydrangea blossom
©2018 Barry Smith  - Tiny orchid in G's orchid house after watering
©2018 Barry Smith  - Very rich maroon small orchid in G's orchid house - something has taken a few bites
©2018 Barry Smith  - Sage blossoms
©2018 Barry Smith  - A couple more Bird-wing Butterfly vine blossoms - I just find the shapes and colours intriguing - looks as though it could trap insects
©2018 Barry Smith  - Birdwing Butterfly vine seed pod - more vines in the future?
©2018 Barry Smith  - Centre of a pale pink rose in our garden - seen early this morning
©2018 Barry Smith  - Hibiscus on my morning walk today
So much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcomed - it is good to connect with fellow travellers.